Data Loggin Via PHP, is it possible?

dark_destroyer

Hi All,

I have done some basic PHP/MySQL Programming.

I am playing about with an application for a phone, i want to send the information in its raw format to a location on my server.  Basically I want to enter an IP address or URL into the application, then simply view the raw contents in a simple txt file.  I have tried searching posts for a way to do this but came up short.

Firstly, is what Im trying to do, possible.  Secondly, can someone point me in the right direction to get started?

Thanks,

Dark

Very possible.

You can acheive this by setting a server on your local box and making it accessible to the world (note that this opens up security risks) and using a domain service like no-ip.com to have a "name" to send your phone to.

To setup Apache on Windows see WAMP on Linux LAMP on Max MAMP ( I believe). Then you just have to setup the code you need.

dark_destroyer,

My reply was "Text file database" so you can easily access it from your mobile device and read it easily. I don't really think I do understand your question though, what type of raw data are you trying to receive?

Hi All,

Sorry for the mis-read earlier.  I dont need to access the info from my mobile.

I have an application that sends the phones IMEI and Current GPS location, it can either send it via SMS which is fine as I can just setup an SMS Modem to recieve the messages.

I want to be able to send it via GPRS to a "collector" on my site. 

The string that is sent is similar to this:

#REP#changeconfig#3934#17#012120000007502#52.345334#-7.343555#272023113718099#200#Mode#2#8#

What i want to do is simply store it in a txt or csv file for further analyses.

Thanks,

Dark

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.