looking for a php chat box tutorial with admin edit delete ban

silverglade

hi, ive been googling "php chat box tutorial" for a pretty long time now and i cant fine one decent tutorial. the tutorial that did come up at this "chipmunk" site stinks and i spent hours on it trying to get it to work. i was wondering if anyone knows of a good php chat box tutorial that has admin edit and delete features and ban by ip feature, as well as maybe a few smiley faces. any help GREATLY appreciated. thanks .derek

If you learn the basics of php, writing to a data store (file based or database) you shouldn't have too much trouble doing this yourself. The problem generally is that people want to ski learning the basics and just have stuff work. Continuing down that route however you will never be able to write your own programs.

thank you very much for that reply. i  agree with that. in fact i kind of came to that conclusion when i gave up finding a good tutorial. so i went back to w3schools.com and relearned some of the basics like just inserting from a form into a database. so reading what you said just confirmed my thoughts. thank you. derek

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.