Finished my big project

Bman900

Finally months on and off I finished my first big PHP project. It is a blog since I learned a lot from posting stuff into the database and querying it in many different ways. Tons of help came from this website from the coding help section to the tutorial posted on the main page. I want to thank every one for helping me along the way and hope to stick around here as my knowledge grows.

Design and coding was all done from scratch besides the WYSG editor which I got from tiny mice.

Anyways here is the link: http://www.dezotech.com/blog

Login (also an admin so you can check out the back end as well): Username: phpfreaks      Password: 123456

Please if you find any huge security holes or anything major please let me know and help me in the direction I need to go. Now of to C++....

I wanted to do a blog, but after looking at Wordpress blogs there would of been no way i could of came close to what they offer. I so wanted to stay away from wordpress, but i gave it a try. IT'S GREAT! There would of been no way i could of accomplished what i did without it. I started 2, but only been working on one: peoplewtf.com.... Your blog looks good, but check on wordpress also.

Nice job.  Only thing I'd suggest is that I'd remove the outline for the active link on the top links. So when you are clicking on the link you don't see a dotted box with some browsers around the images ur using as the links. But that's just me.

I must say your site is very well done. I only explored it for about 10 min but from what I saw it looked great. I would however suggest you put some sort of CAPTCHA or something to restrict people from spamming your comments. Plus creating a CAPTCHA  using PHP is fairly easy and would be a nice little project for ya.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.