Help Learning PHP

loukin

Perhaps you should start with something smaller like a private website or blog? Sites like Facebook or MySpace use several advanced technologies that are simply out of reach of many people.

I really am not looking for a clone. I would like to learn how to program login pages and how sessions work related to a social networking site and more of the security side of the page. I am running a php server at home and would like to just learn php in a way I maybe familiar. If this is not the best route to take can you give me advice on where to start and maybe a book(s) that helped you. Thanks.

You need to learn the language first, before you start attempting to write any applications.

There’s a good free book in my signature that if read from start to finish should probably provide you with a good base.

Thank you Haraldur1234 I just bought it from amazon.

Thank you Thorpe I wanted to download your book but I don't see it in your signature. Can you send me the link please.

Good book, i havnt read it all, but my friend read it and it really helped him. Its really good

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.