10 replies to this topic

#1 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:49 PM

Anybody play? What servers?

I have some chars on kalecgos and balanazaar. I'm thinking about ending my subscription tho  :-\
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#2 oldmanice

oldmanice
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 134 posts
  • LocationIn Your Garden At Night

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:52 PM

yegh sometimes its not that good
Join my Froums www.phpbbplanet.com/darkwinter

#3 gijew

gijew
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 240 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

I got sick of WoW about 6 months ago and sold my account on eBay for 300 bucks which was great because I actually got an actual reward back from my endless hours of playing.  I know it was wrong to do but c'mon, 300 bucks for 300+ hours of wasted life, not a bad trade.

EDIT: I just got a new account because I had nothing better to do and I'm sick of working at the moment.  I'm on Windrunner, lol.
I'm considered good looking in some countries

#4 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:02 AM

I've heard about it on a couple of the pod/vidcasts I subscribe to (i.e. Geekdrome, Diggnation etc.) but never really looked into what it's all about, I kinda get the impression it could be a dangerous thing to look into, I don't have that much time to play games as it is, plus I have a stack of 360 games to work through still...

#5 roopurt18

roopurt18
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,749 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, southern

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:11 AM

I do not recommend this game.  I played it quite heavily and there are just too many timesinks and treadmills required to progress your character.  On the bright side I'm gonna make a bundle on ebay.
PHP Forms : Part I | Part II

JavaScript: Singleton

http://www.rbredlau.com

#6 Tracekill

Tracekill
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:45 AM

Rachle - 60 Paladin, Gilneas

By the way, visited a friend of mine who works as a developer for Blizzard and he had set up the internal alpha for the expansion along with a sandbox server for testing on his home comp. We played for three days straight and made a scale replica of a Greek temple with our Full Throttle cans. His dog then licked the bottom one and the whole thing collapsed. *sigh*

#7 blackcell

blackcell
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:37 AM

This game is evil, digital crack. Stay away.

OEF Afghanistan Vet 2006-2007 and 2009-2010
There is always a hard way to do something easy...

BTC: 1HSF1Niyw9VNw8eHNxnBKF4LCdcAaaN6ot

LTC: LU2sBPTJkYjjZ8qRpSeyt3B8ptD6gC3cUs

#8 roopurt18

roopurt18
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,749 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, southern

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:46 AM

On a somewhat related note, I was hankering for some RTS action and installed war3.  I haven't played that in like 2 or 3 years so I was ready to get my butt handed to me.  I log into b.net and win 3 in a row.  It was sad really.
PHP Forms : Part I | Part II

JavaScript: Singleton

http://www.rbredlau.com

#9 blackcell

blackcell
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

I still go back to Starcraft every once in a great while. Probably my favorite game ever.

OEF Afghanistan Vet 2006-2007 and 2009-2010
There is always a hard way to do something easy...

BTC: 1HSF1Niyw9VNw8eHNxnBKF4LCdcAaaN6ot

LTC: LU2sBPTJkYjjZ8qRpSeyt3B8ptD6gC3cUs

#10 revraz

revraz
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 6,911 posts
  • LocationSitting in Kabul Afghanistan

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:09 PM

Have a few Chars on Thrall.

I've been playing MMORPGs since around 98 starting with Asheron's Call.
If I can't make it better, then I'll make it worse, but it definitely won't be the same.

#11 freakus_maximus

freakus_maximus
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:15 PM

I was on Thrall then did a guild transfer about 2 years back. On Norgannon now.

Sakeen - 70 Human Protection Spec Warrior
TBaggins - 60 Gnome Demonology Spec Warlock
Sakhan - 29 Dwarf Hunter (Twink'd for PVP action)

Yeah it is digital crack, but fun to play as long as they keep adding new content. Like anything, find a balance. Too much of anything is bad.

I do not see it being any different than playing on the XBOX or PS3, could play that for endless hours too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users