Hosting Comparison Engine Review

blazing_bruce

I've noticed a problem with it, when you go to say, the shared page, the jQuery Slider that you have starts at $1 and has a default max of $20. When you click on  the minimum value it jumps to $30 and pushes the max out to $250 straight away. Shared hosting is rarely over the $30 mark, there are plenty below $30.

Also, don't know if the slider is just mucking up, but you can drag the minimum value past the maximum value, so you have a price range of 318$ to 175$ /mo. Upon submitting the form with a value like that the slider has both grabbers at the far right and the price range changes from a min of $1 and a max of $20.

Another thing, the features link, which opens up this box (I personally don't like how it slides open and what-not, too classy) you can't close unless you click on the close buttons. You can then scroll down with your mouse over where the links will be and open up all the boxes making it very very messy. Perhaps make it a click, and perhaps make it look slightly better and more readable.

A lot of your website is based on ''cool'' jQuery effects. Sure they look good, but only when used in moderation. You don't have a lot of effects but when you search for a host you get a lot of effects because of how many hosts are listed. Perhaps remove some of the bells and whistles, or make them fairly standard.

Your URLs for the main pages are standard ''shared.php'' links. I'd recommend using mod_rewrite (which it looks like you've done for when searching for hosts) to make your links more like ''/shared''.

That's all I can really see right now that bugs me. It looks nice though, it comes across as a hosting comparison website.

Good luck to you.

Firstly, the page takes a very long time to load all the images. Try using some sort of sprite effect, i mean http://servergrabber.com/images/ is pretty ridiculous.

The part in the center with all the tabs looks nice. You might want to consider adding an ajax effect to that, when i clicked on the button i expected a quick change but what i got was a whole other page reload (with all those images).

All in all though i think its a good looking site.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.