How to?

otha

I do a few web sites for social purposes. The one thing I find is everyone wants a web site, no one wants to contribute.

A for instance would be my cub scout site, I want to be able to have the den leader input information and on a mouseclick send the file to my ftp host and forward that file to the site folder.

Any ideas?

This is what CMS are for - they allow users to update site content through an admin interface rather than needing to touch files.

Some popular CMS are Wordpress, Drupal, ModX and Joomla (I'm a Drupal guy myself - I use it for everything). Spend some time researching these, pick one and learn how to use it. Then you can build your sites in that platform, and your users will be able to update the site without talking to you at all.

I had intended to allow inlimited text and images with access to a primative calendar. The idea of a CMS doesn't really appeal to me because I don't get any education or sense of accomplishment from using "cook books".

I don't mind getting a push in the right direction. I had thought there might be a way to do it in PHP but can't get by the fact that there seems to be no way to redirect a form after posting it.

I had intended to allow inlimited text and images with access to a primative calendar. The idea of a CMS doesn't really appeal to me because I don't get any education or sense of accomplishment from using "cook books".

I don't mind getting a push in the right direction. I had thought there might be a way to do it in PHP but can't get by the fact that there seems to be no way to redirect a form after posting it.

Seems to be more of a PHP question since this can't be accomplished with HTML alone.  Moving.

• 2 weeks later...

Then you had better start learning to code in binary, because everything else after that is just a 'cookbook' of sorts.

I do a few web sites for social purposes. The one thing I find is everyone wants a web site, no one wants to contribute.

A for instance would be my cub scout site, I want to be able to have the den leader input information and on a mouseclick send the file to my ftp host and forward that file to the site folder.

Any ideas?

you could create a mysql database with an account table where the fileds would have id username password

then you could add a link on your website to login

once logged you could send that user to a publish page where say they can upload a file to the server useing php.

You could even add more fileds in the account table where the user has a picture of self or you could make a new table and have lots of pictures.

like a gallery table.

Its endless in the ideas you can have.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.