Need "Contact Us" email script

indie

I would like a pretty simple email contact form to put on my website. I would like it to show the IP of the sender if possible, and make sure they use a valid email. Fields should be name, username (but not required), and comment.

I would like the ability to just paste the code into a website page, and I can style it myself.

Thanks

Here's a very crude, simple version of a contact form, no special fancy looks or anything added.. But some of the security concerns are dealt with.. All you have to do is take a look through and add your email, your subject etc where required its only a couple variables..

Other than that you need to have the attached file to this post, enjoy! Hope it helps.

I whipped this up pretty quick from scratch minus the one little email validation class, but had that laying around as I use it in a lot of builds I do. So I may have missed a ; or a quotation mark somewhere in the code doing it as quick as I did, I didn't test it but know as long as theres no missing things to break the code like I mentioned it should work without fail copy and paste. Oh and upload of that one file to the same directory.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
<?php
include_once('email.validator.php');
function getRealIpAddr(){if(!empty($_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'])){$ip=$_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'];}elseif(!empty($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'])){$ip=$_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'];}else{$ip=$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];}return $ip;}
function cleaner4inputs($theInput){$theOutput = stripslashes($theInput);$theOutput = htmlspecialchars($theOutput, ENT_QUOTES);$theOutput = str_replace("'", "\\'", $theInput); return $theOutput; /*$theOutput = htmlentities($theOutput);*/}
$messageDisplay = "";
if((isset($_POST['submitme'])) AND ($_POST['submitme'] == "Submit")){
if(empty($_POST['name']){$errorFound = "yes"; $messageDisplay .= "• Did not provide a Name, whats your name?";}else{$myname = cleaner4inputs($_POST['name']);}
if(empty($_POST['uname']){$myuname = "Not Provided";}else{$myuname = cleaner4inputs($_POST['uname']);}

if(empty($_GET['email'])){$errorFound = "yes"; $messageDisplay .= "• Email was not provided.<br />";}else{
	$em=$_GET['email'];
    	$validator = new EmailAddressValidator;
    	if ($validator->check_email_address($em)){
			/*email is in a good format*/
		$myemail = $em;
	}else{
		$errorFound = "yes"; $messageDisplay .= "• Email not formated correctly. Example of good: myemail@example.com<br />";
	}
}
if(empty($_POST['comment']){$errorFound = "yes"; $messageDisplay .= "• Did not provide a comment, what did you want to say?";}else{$mycomment = cleaner4inputs($_POST['comment']);}

if($errorFound == "yes"){echo $messageDisplay;}else{
echo "Thank you for sending us a message, we will get back to you soon";
$myipa = getRealIpAddr();
$email_who = 'your email address';
$titlesubject = "your subject tag?";
$message = '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <title>' . $titlesubject . '</title>
</head>
</head>
<body>
<strong>Name:</strong> '.$myname.'
<strong>Username:</strong> '.$myuname.'
<strong>Email Address:</strong> '.$myemail.'
<strong>Comment:</strong> '.$mycomment.'
<strong>Users IP:</strong> '.$myipa.'
</body>
</html>';
$headers  = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";
$headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";
$headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=us-ascii' . "\r\n";
$headers .= 'From: noreply@monkeytooth.net' . "\r\n";
$headers .= 'Reply-To: noreply@monkeytooth.net' . "\r\n";
$headers .= '1\r\nX-MSMail-Priority: High' . "\r\n";
$headers .= 'X-Mailer: Monkey Tooth Mailer' . "\r\n";
//$headers .= 'To: ' . $to . ' <' . $to2 . '>' . "\r\n";
mail($email_who, $titlesubject, $message, $headers);

}

}else{/*do nothing assumes form just loaded*/}
?>
<body>
<form action="$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']" method="post">
<strong>Name:</strong> <input type="text" name="name" id="name" value="" /><br />
<strong>Userame:</strong> <input type="text" name="uname" id="uname" value="" /><br />
<strong>Email:</strong> <input type="text" name="email" id="email" value="" /><br />
<strong>Comment:</strong><br /><textarea name="comment" id="comment"></textarea><br />
<input type="submit" name="submitme" id="submitme" value="Submit" />
</form>

</body>
</html>

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.