5 replies to this topic

#1 11Tami

11Tami
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 329 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:19 PM

Hello, is there a problem with php calling url's in an array if they are not in the same directory? I can call pages just fine in the same directory but I am trying to call actual web site url's. So I put them in an array instead and it still doesn't work?

I looked at all the php manuals and their url instructions don't make sense for what I am trying to do.

Anyone know if there is a special command that needs to go in the code to make url's elswhere work, instead of your own web pages? Url's like something.com etc. etc. Thank you very much!

#2 alpine

alpine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 756 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:24 PM

It would be better to understand you if you posted some code of what you try to accomplish...

#3 Daniel0

Daniel0
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:46 PM

I don't get your problem.

#4 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 23 September 2006 - 03:21 PM

Are you using the file functions, such as  fopen, fread etc or file_get_contents() or whever then make sure that the PHP setting allow_url_fopenis enabled in the php.ini and that php is not running in safe mode.

If the allow_url_fopen setting is enabled or PHP is in safe mode then this why you cannot use urls within your code.

#5 11Tami

11Tami
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:59 AM

What is php safe mode?

#6 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:37 PM

It is a PHP setting, which attempts to solve the shared-server security problem. Most (shared) hosts enable this setting. Also In my last post the last sentance should read this:

If the allow_url_fopen setting is not enabled or PHP is in safe mode then this is why you cannot use urls within your code.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users