User/Pass Hand off from Exe to Php

rusking

2 weeks and i think i found a direction as to what i need.I worte a program and it will post to a php page. The php page needs to take the posted variables ($user) ($pass) and compair them aginst the database for existing users  to return a vail or invaild login. It also needs to check and if not exits, save a 3rd and 4th variable to the the database ($serial) ($ip).  Can someone giv eme guadance as to the commands i can research to accomplish this?

Those tutorials are out of date, and they should not be used at all. No current tutorial should even mention session_register(), except to tell people not to use it. stripslashes() should not be used without checking for magic_quotes_gpc(), etc.

Ok that lost me lol So dont use curl as its out of date. So what would i use? sould i be research stripslashes() (not that i know what it is) with magic_quotes_gpc() ?

I didn't say not to use cURL. The tutorials linked to above are out of date, so don't use the tutorials. Find some that are up to date, or use a recent book, or if you have problems with some specific code, ask here.

As for the original question, it isn't exactly clear what you're trying to do. As near as I can tell, you've written a program in something other than php, and want to pass values to a php script. Is that about right?

well i can have the data post to a html page without opening a browser and thats kinda how i was wanting todo it. At least it think.  The main reason im unsure is because i don't know the functions available. The problem i foresee with doing this is the php logs you in and have a value on the page as to subscription i.e. 1,2,3,4 and im not user how php would grab that and sent it back or even ensure that it is still logged in ounce ran beacuse in theory anyone could login in with the same user and pass to retrieve this value and only one account has to be used. This i not likely so much.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.