inserting into two tables

CyberShot

I am experimenting with some code. I have an html form that asks for first, last and company name also for home, cell and company phone numbers. I have been trying to insert the values into both tables with one insert query. Something I read online but it doesn't seem to work. If I use one insert query to insert into one table, then it works fine So if I want to insert the values from my form into two tables, do I need to use two insert queries? How is this normally done

I don't know what you mean when you say the same data in two separate tables. I have

table names

firs name

last name

company name

table phone

home

cell

company phone

my form asks for the information above then I want to insert it. I am having trouble using just one insert query to insert whatever values were filled into the form. Someone else here said that you can't use one query to insert into to tables but I am finding code online for it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.