Feedback Welcome

gerkintrigg

I took a look at your website and my thoughts....

I feel like you are lacking a theme or style, the whole site is just white rounded box with text in it...  I would suggest creating at the least a color scheme with a few colors that will help with just the look and also connected the pages together (theme and style wise)

Another thing is I would consider changing your drop down menu looks,  right now its a weird delayed disappearing when you hover off of one,  I would suggest at the least take the delay off, also with what ever your color scheme is the nav menu will be a place to showcase off your color scheme. 

finally your header is square and your body is rounded which leaves a weird triangle at the meeting point of the two....

Sorry for all the critiques but, im assuming your not wanting people just to blow smoke, these are just my opinions

Shawn 

shayward2003, how dare you! - Nah I'm kidding, that was great feedback.  ;)

I have made some changes to the main body - I thought the same about the colour - it looked a bit bland, didn't it?

Regarding the nav menu - I was wondering about that, actually. I did something similar on http://www.stemgroup.co.uk so is this more the sort of thing you'd like?

I was thinking that perhaps I should round off the header, but not sure if that would look a little odd. Like a ball balancing on a ball.

What do you think now of the changes I've made so-far?

I really like your website. It's very easy to read and navigate.

Just a few things I think you should change though.

-The grey links in the page have the exact same styling as the bolded text, making it hard to differentiate between what is a link and what isn't.

-Also, your selling something, You need to draw my attention! Right now the content of your homepage is information with a very very small buy now link at the bottom. How about some visually appealing images in there?

Other than that I feel it is a very complete website, and what looks to be a great product ;)

Im liking what I see....

but their is still more:)

The blue and reds are a good color combo... 

I don't think the rounded corners on header and content looks bad feel free to keep...

I feel that you have a good color scheme with the exception of the content section... black on white... it seems a bit plain...

I agree with colmustard about maybe adding some imagery to help take that plain feeling away and give the content a bit of PIZAH  :)

Also doing something a bit more for page titles.... I noticed that its hard to see what page you are on,  just a small header, maybe make the header stand out a bit more and maybe even change the color of the current page on the nav bar...

Keep up the good work, looking good

Shawn

Hi Shawn, thanks for the feedback. I'd like a bit of a clarification on a few bits (I just don't get it) sorry.

Firstly the black and White content. Is that on he main pages? If so, what would you recommend? I'm not sure a different scheme would work.

I agree with the images idea but we are getting  a video produced to plug his gap. That should give the pizaz you are looking for. How'd you change the page titles? Perhaps a breadcrumb trail might work well? I can change the style of the u2 tag very simply.

I think the curved boxes work brilliantly and the extra blue colour background bring it to life so I'm pretty happy with it on the whole but your ideas are very helful and very welcome.

Thanks for all the feedback

Neil

I was just saying that all the main content pages on all the pages seemed a bit plain... to fix that will be just as you said you will be doing adding a good balance of picture/text/video..

The titles of each page is, in my opinion, plain and hard to see 

I photoshop a screen shot to show you what i mean and attached it

I don't mean to have it look exactly like that at all but do something to separate the title of each page so that a user can easily see what page they are on

This can be done easily with CSS and specifically the <h1> of the css code.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.