5 replies to this topic

#1 Arif_khwaja

Arif_khwaja
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:04 PM

Dear All,
I have got a task to do. i need help. I will appriciate if anybody can help me please.
how can i make a user forum by using PHP and MySQL.

Many thanks

Arif

#2 shivabharat

shivabharat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 371 posts
  • LocationChennai, India

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:27 PM

Please refer to the link in my singnature.
Knowledge --- Reading Enriches Mind But Sharing Enhances It.[br][br]Note: Before you request help enusre that you have had a look at the tutorials @phpfreaks

#3 Daniel0

Daniel0
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:51 PM

shivabharat: there is no tutorial about forum systems

#4 alpine

alpine
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 756 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:01 PM

It's quite a hopeless question anyhow - with all the respect - if you don't have the php/mysql skill to start making a forum on your own, i'm afraid no-one here will make one for you or even bother to start up learning you such complex code.

#5 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:07 PM

If you want to create a dead basic forum. Then prehaps have a look at this tutoriall. Also there a re few books out there too you can buy which shows you to create a everyday PHP apps such as a forum, content management system, ecommerce sites etc. Prwhap go to your local books store/library and have a look.

Creating a forum is no easy task.

edit: forgot to add the link in. :)

#6 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:07 PM

You are more than welcome to make a post in the freelance section if you wish to employ someone to make a forum script for you. Perhaps you will get lucky and someone will offer to do it for free - I doubt it though. 

And it's not that nobody wants to help, it's just that asking for help on making a forum is kind of like someone who's barely getting into algebra asking for help on solving some calculus problem.  I suppose it kinda depends on how robust you want your forum to be, actually.  I mean, a guestbook is more or less the most bare-bones version of a forum you can make.  Maybe you should start by looking for a guestbook tutorial. 
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users