HTML Forms

RynMan

Hi guys

I've basically got a form, and I'd like it to email the results to my email.  Though I'd like it to be formatted and layed out a particular way using html.  Am I dreaming?  Is this possible?  Any third party applications that might recommend?

Thanks for any help!

Why use somebody else's stuff when making your own is easier?

$destination = "<destination email>";
$subject = "<subject line>";
$message = "message to be emailed>";
$header = "from: <whatever you want the from email to be>";
mail("$destination","$subject","$message","$header");

I know, those pesky wheels everyone else uses... right?

Because that's about as non-secure of a mail code as you can get. You are opening your site up to become a spam engine for anyone using it. There is no sanitizing of data, and there is no checking of input to see if it's of the correct type.

So the answer to your question, 'why use other people's code when making your own is easier', is 'if you don't know how to write proper code, you are better off using the code of someone who actually knows what they are doing'.

The wheel wasn't reinvented with the above code. A round object was made, and the creator decided it's the equivalent of a Michelin Goodyear. And while a round thing may server the same function as a tire - rolling - try putting a random round thing on a car and see what happens.

So the answer to your question, 'why use other people's code when making your own is easier', is 'if you don't know how to write proper code, you are better off using the code of someone who actually knows what they are doing'.

The wheel wasn't reinvented with the above code. A round object was made, and the creator decided it's the equivalent of a Michelin Goodyear. And while a round thing may server the same function as a tire - rolling - try putting a random round thing on a car and see what happens.

Well said.

I love it :)

I can think of a million reasons.

I am an old time COBOL/FORTRAN/RPG/MAPPER programmer so I know the basics. But developing a website for my club is simply a hobby with me, not a profession. Thereby, I do not have the time to learn the complicated aspects of mySQL, php and javascript. Neither wlll reading all the tutorials, which I have done, do it.

So I rely on not having to reinvent the wheel and finding scripts that basically do what I want. Usually I can figure out how to modify it to suit my needs. But if not then Pikachu usually comes to my aid.

thats the best quote i have ever seen ":) awesome

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.