I'm new to PHP Freaks, but not a newbie

OSoSLO

Hi Everyone,

My name is Dan Brannon. I've been working in the software industry for over twenty years, initially as a software engineer though I then detoured into middle management for several excruciatingly long years. I have since returned to my roots and the programming I love. Boy did technology change quickly though! I've spent the past couple of years learning several new programming languages and frameworks just trying to catch back up with modern software development. My primary focus has been learning about web and mobile technologies.

I recently started a small software company named OSoSLO, and used PHP for creating the web site. While it is a fairly simple web site, it does include some involved server code like purchase processing and software license activation. During its development, I relied heavily on forums like PHP Freaks to find answers to the many problems I encountered or questions I had. I am constantly amazed at how much useful information is available now, just a few keystrokes away.

I apologize for the long-winded introduction, but there is one more thing I would like to share before I finish. I maintain a software development blog on my web site and recently published an article that some of the members of this forum might find useful. It presents a complete architecture for creating a "master page"-based web site using PHP and includes full source code. I would appreciate any feedback ( + || - ) on the article.

Thanks to everyone here for all the help you've been in my education. Hopefully I can start paying it back now.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.