Need suggestions and opinions on "list system" for my website!

pappakaka

Hi, I need help with my idea I have.

I want too create a list system for my website. A list that contain links to other websites, pictures, videos etc. The links will look something like this:

Submitted on 02-12-2011

[Video] Link to cool video

Clicks: 24  Rating: 4/5  Submited by: Username

[Website] Link to an awsome website

Clicks: 2301  Rating: 1/5  Submitted by: Nameuser

etc...

And you should be able to sort the links by User, Ratings, Clicks and Date and also if you want too see only video, game, website links!

And users should be able to submit links that i can later choose to put on the website or not, and because links will be added reguraly i wan't too make this the easiest and best way possible.

That was alot of "I want to"-stuff but i only wonder if you have any suggestion on how to do this big task, if you've made something similar, link to a good tutorial that covers this kind of stuff and/or whats the best and easiest way to do it?

Thank you for that link, i've read through it all and learned alot more now!

But that wasn't really what i wanted.

I would like a simple way of updating my site everyday. Take youtube for example. A user creates an account, then uploads a video by entering the title and tags etc.. and then the video gets it's own url. I would like something like that except when a user submits a link, i'll have to first look at it and then decide if i should accept it or not. I don't wanna have to go in and add code myself everyday that would be a pain in the butt, just something more simple..

Another example could be Facebook. There users can post something and it will apear on the wall. Something like that would be great, only i can administer it first.

I would like an explenation on how something like this could be done because right know i'm sitting here thinking and thinking and can't come up with a good start. Thats what i need, a starting point. Something or someone to head me in the right direction!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.