WAMP like packagages?

Well I had a WAMP package installed on my Vista 64bit PC and then my motherboard burned out so now am on my laptop.  I just tried installing the newest WAMP server on the laptop which happens to be a Vista 64bit as well but for some strange reason it doesn't work like on my PC. So my question is what other packages are out there for windows for such services so I can run web applications on my PC?

it doesn't work like on my PC

What exactly does it do?

In programming, it is always best to troubleshoot and find out what is causing a problem and fix it, because all the other WAMP like packages could behave the same way if the problem is something to do with your computer or your code and you could just end up wasting a lot of time trying things that have nothing to do with the problem.

A) Have you tried a basic .html file? Most WAMP packages have a default index.htm or index.html file that should display something.

B) Have you tried a basic .php file, such as -

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

C) What does a 'view source' in your browser of the blank pages show?

D) Have you checked the web server and operating system log files to see if there are any relevant error messages?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.