Tutorials

I think that there would be a great benefit to both the site, and it's users to have a section devoted to tutorials.  This would help people get their answers without the need to ask the same question multiple times if there's already a tutorial for it, and I'm sure tutorials would bring in a whole new group of people and make the site even more active and get more users interested in coding.

Just my opinion, but it's the biggest thing I see "missing" from here.

As pointed out by DavidAM, we have a tutorials section. If you fancy writing a tutorial you could, then just submit it to an Admin. Of course there is no guarantee it would be promoted onto the site.

The problem with having a free for all tutorial section is that allot of people don't know what they are talking about, even if they themselves are confident that they are.

I guess I've never been off of the forums to see that the section already existed.  Sorry to have wasted your time.

Also, there are still some ups to having a FFA tutorial section.  Even though the tutorials may not be spot-on, or some may be misleading, a basic ratings system would help sort that very nicely.  It would give more tutorials for people to be able to look through, as well as show more than a single method of undertaking a certain project.

Anyways, thanks for the response.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.