Photomanipulation?

ayok

Hi,

I don't have specific question, just wonder how to make this application.

Go to this site http://www.krono-original.com/en-index.htm and click on "Floor Studio". You see in this page, it's kinda normal slideshow. But the nice thing is when you choose a floor you will see the image change, but only the floor! My first guess (not a smart guess i think) is that they have different kind of interior with different floor.. But that would be too many works. It has a lot of pictures for interiors and floors! The smartest guess I have is to manipulate the image of those floors into different position, maybe with javascript (but i don't know how), and cut the floor on all the interior images with photoshop. But that's also alot of works..

I'd like to ask the javascript/ajax guys here how you could possibly do this trick. Maybe anyone has experience to do this?

Regards,

ayok

I don't believe this is an easy fix, its more or less, a photo with where the floor would be, its transparent, they edit in the shadows etc from the furniture, and then a php script mixes the background image (the floor) AND the chairs and stuff ontop.. its done in layers..

I could probably do this if you're looking to hire somebody, but its not a quick thing to do :)

I don't think a basic prototype would be difficult for someone with experience of GD, if you had the right graphics. I'd guess that's where the hard work was done here though. A graphic designer would have designed a PNG layer that can site above the floor image to look picture perfect. The PHP would simply handle layering that image above the input flooring image and rendering it. That's what I speculate anyway...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.