Ebosh // Alpha version

l4ci

Hello forum,

I've just nearly alpha finished my newest project:

EBOSH

what a nothing-saying and silly name I know ;) - but this is just the codename for now until I come up with something better. (Suggestions for a name?)

What this project is about etc etc can already be read on the page.

Not everything is working, but if you'd like to test the page with all it's functions just register (Option to delete your account is already implemented).

I would like to get some feedback related to:

- Design

- Colors

- Size

- Images

- Readability

- overall experience

NOT feedback about:

- Its not working with javascript disabled -> I know that, I am using lesscss and jquery, so the page with javascript is supposed to NOT WORK.

Currently it's hosted here: http://ebosh.net63.net/

Thank you! =)

• 2 weeks later...

nice site.  great idea.

Love the minimalist approach.  Very clean and easy to use.  Was a little confused on what the site was - although I love the fact that it knew it was my first visit and gave me immediate instructions on what the site was and how to use it.  Still was a little unclear what the site was about (maybe the domain name is some what telling but I wasn't paying attention to what it actually said). 

The way the information on the about page is laid out is little confusing to me.  Sorry for my ignorance but I had/have no idea what the suave theme is or how one would acquire or use it.  The links don't really clear anything up for me and since I am only hear to review the site listed I am not really interested in trying to figure that out.  The way you put "This should help people:" and then put the other stuff separated by slash marks below was unclear to me at first glance that you were saying This site will help you search, find, upload, download or request and iphone app for use with the suave theme for iphone by thyraz.  Might you list the items in a list fashion or with comas? 

I think this part "Later this is going to work for more themes, but currently only the suave + suave HD theme is supported." should be at the bottom since it might not be relavent to everybody.

Otherwise I love the concept.  Look forward to checking this site next time I need an icon for something.  Also, maybe I missed it but it would be nice if there were a way to see all the available icons in addition to the lastest uploaded or requested.

I am using chrome 10.0.648.151 on mbp osx 10.6.6 1440x900

Hope this helps!

cheers~

The page main idea is to provide an icon database ONLY for a special theme for the iphone, and it's mainly used from people that come from a forum where they search for these icons, so I don't want to explain complete strangers what the site is about - wouldn't make sence.

The way you put "This should help people:" and then put the other stuff separated by slash marks below was unclear to me at first glance that you were saying This site will help you search, find, upload, download or request and iphone app for use with the suave theme for iphone by thyraz.  Might you list the items in a list fashion or with comas? 

You mean I shouldn't divide the different thing you can do by slash marks but comas?!

Otherwise I love the concept.  Look forward to checking this site next time I need an icon for something.  Also, maybe I missed it but it would be nice if there were a way to see all the available icons in addition to the lastest uploaded or requested.

Next time you need an icon for your iphone - themed suave :D

There will be the option to show all available icons & download them all in a zip archive later.

Thanks for your feedback! =)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.