Adding html code into mysql database

shalli

Hi there

Just wanted to know what everyone here would recommend to a newbie in php about adding php code to mysql database and then retreiving it

I would like to create a is a php template site that allows user to choose the template they like and once the user selects the template it takes the user to a page that shows template code. The page use php variables to display the code from the database.

as an example it like dreamweaver which allow you to choose from a selection of templates when creating a website

Hope this make sense

thanks for you time

shalli

You can just store the HTML code in a TEXT field in your mysql database. When you  echo the HTML code make sure you echo it in a textarea.

In my opinion it would be alot easier, to make a system that allows users to upload a zip file and a screenshot of the template.

You can just store the HTML code in a TEXT field in your mysql database. When you  echo the HTML code make sure you echo it in a textarea.

In my opinion it would be alot easier, to make a system that allows users to upload a zip file and a screenshot of the template.

Yeah the ZIP file and screen shot would be pretty good idea. If not, yeah, store it as a text. And just pull the data when necessary.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.