XML & XSLT

smerny

Hey, I'm looking into XSLT some and the tutorials I find show like: here is the xml, here is the xslt, and here is the outcome...

but, i don't see how the xslt is linked with the xml, how do i make the xslt document? do i save it with .xslt? how do i use it with the xml?

thanks for any help

Hey, I'm looking into XSLT some and the tutorials I find show like: here is the xml, here is the xslt, and here is the outcome...

but, i don't see how the xslt is linked with the xml, how do i make the xslt document? do i save it with .xslt? how do i use it with the xml?

thanks for any help

The XSL sheet will parse and transform the XML document by setting up match rules.  What exactly are you having trouble with?  The actual code or setting it up?

setting it up, like for example i just want to see if i can get this to work on my computer:

http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/tryxslt.asp?xmlfile=cdcatalog&xsltfile=cdcatalog_if

so i copied the contents and saved them both into the same folder... an xml and an xsl document.. but if when i open either of them with a browser, i just see the text content

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.