Best way to handle unique META Descriptions when using Includes

Ricky55

Hi

I've been using includes for a while now but I'm just starting to do more with them.

I'm currently working on a site where my header include brings in code from the doctype, includes my nav and then to the start of my opening wrapper div.

I'm generating the page titles from the file names and I'm also using these to create my menu downstates.

All is well but I was just wondering what the best practice was for creating unique meta data for each or at least some of the pages?

Would I be best just creating a variable in each page and then echo out the meta data or is there a slicker way?

Thanks in advance.

i made a cms system which stores title,meta keywords & page content all in a db, but its much the same result really. if i really wanted to be clever, i should build a publish button to 'write' the final page in html, so the db isnt hit on every page request, but most the sites i make arent as popular as facebook so its not really an issue

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.