my forum

matthew9090

I don't usually comment on people's efforts to help and try and educate others, but are you sure you should be writing tutorials for others?

http://www.coolcodeforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6&sid=ba4bccb66c39b6f7a8fb353817793fed

Pretty much 99.9% of php coders can see all the mistakes on that page.

Maybe you should make it a habit to run the code you write at least.

Spell checking and read it back to yourself.

If describing a code make it related to the code.

I could list here the 5 mistakes I quickly saw there, but what fun would that be?

As for the looks and stuff, some people prefer plain, some fancy. People will always have opinions if there are choices.

Sometimes simplicity is better as for functionality, or can get all fancy with slower loading pages, possibly design errors.

But I will have to say sometimes the simplest borders can go a long way if not to at least divide the content into sections and maintaining margins while creating content containers.

Since you are using phppp forum as your main site, why not try to match your main page with the forum  design. (Or a different theme choice and match that)

So you have a site that is basically trying to do exactly what 100 other sites already do far better than yours ever will?  There is nothing unique or impressive about your site.  There is no reason why people would come to it.  I don't see any point in providing you feedback, you are wasting your time.

yes, my hosting is free so it is down sometimes.

This site is a test to see if it is a success, otherwise if there is no progress i will think of another idea. I really want a business when im older and i want to work from home. So im already starting :).

This is not just on php or a specific language, it is for all others and anyway im only 13.

There are lots of forums that cover a lot of different programming languages.  Check out Daniweb, DevShed, Programmer's Heaven, CodeCall... and that's just the tip of the iceberg.  Then there's stackoverflow.  Even though you're 13 I see no reason to sugarcoat it for you.  If you want to do things just to learn about them, then making mistakes is part of the process, and a good thing.  With that said I think your time would be better spent figuring out how to do a site that appeals to people in your general age group.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.