point me in the right direction to do something like this

alapimba

Hello

I need to do a portfolio of paintings and i found a site similar of what i have in mind.

The site is http://www.pikaboo.be/

It's great because its using javascript only.

I just don't know how to start my reserach for that transitions and moving objects and that stuff

Anyone can give me a few tips on how to start?

I have been looking at jquery and mootools it does some stuff taht it's on this site but the movement of objects and the way as they appear on the screen one by one and all that pretty stuff i have no idea how to search.

Anyone can help me on where to start and how to do something like this?

THank you

How exactly do you expect to do it without knowing JavaScript. Seriously, if I wanted to fix a car, the first thing I would do is learn about fixing cars.

well if i wanted to fix a car that his problem was a water pipe broken, i would not need to learn how to install pistons..

Learn javascript it's too vast...it's useless start learning javascript with "hello world" tutoriais i guess :/

jQuery is perfectly capable of doing every that website does (minus the flash video on the right of course), and is easier to learn. Unfortunately it takes a long time to build up the knowledge and skills to master the transition and timing to that quality; so be prepared to submit months, probably even years of learning to it.

Really you need to start at the basics, and knowing at least the syntax, features and common control structures of vanilla JavaScript would be much more beneficial. Build up a good understanding of jQuery and how to perform simple transitions. Then try recreating elements you see on that web page separately, so that later you know how each piece can be done. After that you should know enough about JS/jQuery to start putting all together.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.