Tattoo's

mikesta707

So I got my first tattoo earlier today. Its a tiny one I got on my wrist for 30 bucks (yeah I'm cheap lol). Was wondering if any of you guys got tattoo's? If so what was your first one (and if you don't mind saying, how much did it cost?). If you have more than one, whats your favorite? Did you get it done by a famous tattoo artist in your area? Were you plastered when you got it (lol)? Did it hurt really bad? worse or better than you expected?

I've been wanting one for a long time now and though its definitely not my "dream" tattoo, I think its a good starter one. Get me used to the how much it hurts (I expected it to hurt a lot more than it did). Lemme know what you guys think!

pic related. my tattoo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Oh as far as info... I got it about 16 years ago (outer, lower right leg).  I was sober (I think...I'm about 95% sure...) I guess it did kinda hurt but in a good way...I was kinda into the pain thing back then; if I remember correctly, it felt somewhat euphoric. I hear that's actually not all that uncommon.

It was at a local shop in San Antonio.  I designed it (was supposed to be my inner child but...meh, I was young :P) and paid the guy $50 and promised him hookups on pizza (was the manager of a domino's pizza down the street). 

IDK if he was famous or anything but I thought he did a decent job.  He actually liked my design and some other designs I did (I did a couple other tattoo designs for a few friends) enough that he offered me an apprenticeship.  I kinda wanted to, but he was fixin' to move his shop to Philly so I had to kinda go with him.  For a while I kinda regretted not taking him up on his offer because it turned out I ended up randomly hopping around the country with random friends anyways, not too long after.  Who knows where CV's life would be if he had taken that fork in the road :P

Wow nice, thats a cool story. Maybe if you had become his apprentice you'd be a famous tattoo artist now haha. But I think wed all miss you at phpfreaks if you did. Do you have anymore or is that the only one you've gotten? Do you still design tattoo's?

Well there's a good chance I woulda ended up on phpfreaks regardless.... I've been pretending to program since i was about 5. 

That is my only tattoo. I've done a couple designs over the years but I don't really go out of my way to do it or anything. Though I still fairly regularly keep in touch with my artistic side; mostly random sketches or painting once a month or so. 

My mate that I live with is a tattoo artist. He's looking to get into it professionally I think, but at the moment he just has all the gear in his room and tattoos my friends (which I'm not sure is actually legal). He does most of the designs for people, and he's pretty dam good at it. He let me have a go with the tattoo gun on some pig skin a few months back, and it is so hard to even draw a straight line! I have a natural shake too so I was completely useless at it. He's offered to do me one soon, which I plan to take him up on, but not sure what to get yet!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.