Best type of script to clone a Wordpress installation

345dfg

Not sure if this is the right forum section to post this. If not, accept my apologies and mods please move it where it should (hopefully not the trash  ::)).

I want to have a .php app developed that clones a Wordpress blog and then can import everything in another Wordpress blog (which will be on another domain and probably a different server altogether).

I know that Wordpress has an export/import function, but that covers just the posts etc. I also want to be able to clone the theme, any media uploads (like banner images), existing plugins etc. The whole shebang.

Do you have any idea as to what would be the best approach for such an app?

I'm clueless with php myself so I have no idea what's possible.

For example:

1) should this be a Wordpress plugin?

2) should this be a php app that is uploaded on "server 1" and it could "magically" migrate files from "server 2" to "server 3"?

3) Would that app require any of the servers to have cpanel installed?

I'm looking for the simplest, most intuitive and straightforward path possible.

I would be grateful for any feedback.

Thanks is advance...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.