Totally Different Results With My Analytics Software

chaseman

For this month I have this much visitors with...

CPanel: 226

GoogleAnalytics: 174

ClickyAnalytics: 67

I can understand that CPanel also accounts the visitors which do not have JS, thus you'd have to subtract some visitors if you choose an analytics software which works with JS - in this sense the Google Analytics track seems realistic to me.

But what about Clicky Analytics, compared to the other two it seems very low, how come?

Why is it so inaccurate?

Sry there was a mistake, I selected the wrong time frame with Google Analytics, now I selected this month and it shows me 87 visitors, so it's near to ClickyAnalytics.

I think it is correct now, I also think that these Analytics software do not account the whole bots which visit the site like CPanel does, these analytics software actually may be even more accurate.

When it comes to different vendors for web analytics, you cannot compare the numbers apples to apples. You should be comparing the trends. Each vendor has its own unique counting methodology & breakups for visits & visitors and will always show different numbers. The trends, however, should be the same.

As far as why cPanel is so much higher - I'd imagine it's also counting crawlers/bots where as GA and Clicky should be filtering them out.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.