good books on jquery?

ginerjm

Did a search thru this forum and didn't find anything.  I'm starting to think that perhaps jq could make life easier when it comes to modifying css to accomodate multiple browsers (esp. Safari!) and want to do some learning of that library. 

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a "good" (ie, full of knowledge) JQuery book?  Bear in mind that I'm a programmer and not just a newbie.  Want something that's not designed "for dummies", not just full of a certain set of examples or "how-tos".  Looking for the definitive volume of reference material and that will take me through the initial (short?) learning curve right into all the things that one can do with it.  I hate those books that purport to cover it and all they do is tell you how to build a POS system or a dynamic photo gallery.  I want to know all that can be done.

Did a search thru this forum and didn't find anything.  I'm starting to think that perhaps jq could make life easier when it comes to modifying css to accomodate multiple browsers (esp. Safari!) and want to do some learning of that library. 

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a "good" (ie, full of knowledge) JQuery book?  Bear in mind that I'm a programmer and not just a newbie.  Want something that's not designed "for dummies", not just full of a certain set of examples or "how-tos".  Looking for the definitive volume of reference material and that will take me through the initial (short?) learning curve right into all the things that one can do with it.  I hate those books that purport to cover it and all they do is tell you how to build a POS system or a dynamic photo gallery.  I want to know all that can be done.

I think you might find based on your criteria that this is a good start:  http://www.amazon.com/jQuery-Novice-Ninja-Earle-Castledine/dp/0980576857

The problem with any book about jquery, is that you need to have a decent working understanding of html and css for things to really make sense.  If you're unclear on those, you might need to put in some study time to get the most out of the book.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.