Test my URL shortener please

olie122333

Hi

I have just created a URL shortening service. See the service here: dl.tl.

Please test the service and tell me if you find a bug/way to hack it?

Files that may be of particular interest are some of the ones that the AJAX uses - dl.tl/shorten.php?URL= and dl.tl/lengthen.php?short=

Thanks

Proof of ownership: dl.tl/phpfreaks.txt

When entering the same url multiple times I get a different short link for each one. Maybe have some sort of check to see if the url exists in your records, then throw its short url rather than creating a new one

I agree with this, also use A-Z a-z 0-9 and '-'s to create more permutations.

The reason that I plan to add some analytics at some point, and so sharing URLs will make this somewhat more difficult.

The string generation is a rand() number, md5'ed and then trimmed. I will change this to use the full alphabet, all numbers and hyphens.

I will also fix the errors when you access the AJAX URLs directly without a parameter.

I will also fix the errors when you access the AJAX URLs directly without a parameter.

Coreye was getting at a different point: forcing arrays instead of strings. The [] turn the arguments into arrays, and if you try to use the values with string functions then PHP will complain.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.