Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

timmytots

My portfolio

I like it, but what about removing the blue border arround the image on the front page? - it looks a bit unprofessional! - a shame because the rest of the site acually looks very nice!

1. Get rid of the splash page.  Unnecessary, and anything that requires extra clicks for the user to get to their destination is a bad thing.

2. Make a better navigation system than numbers without any indication of where they lead, especially since some lead to your shared host's 404 page.

Wow, very professional looking site! I was scrolling down through this website, and it seems you have a vast amount of practical experience and artistic ability.  What also struck me was the entrepreneurial side to your website.  Very inspiring.

Only issue is when browsing this page:

http://www.timothy-clark.com/portfolio/sportsman.html

The "number" links don't work (I get a 404 page). Might want to check that out.

I would get rid of the landing page. The font is a little small for me, but that may be my high resolution.

It is a really nice design.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I am still working on making all the pages so at the mo some of them don't work.

I agree with the other guys: lose the splash page. (A couple of years ago, statistics said that for every extra click you lose 10% of your visitors...)

I also don't like the double forward slashes (//) on the main menu items, and they don't behave the same with different letters ( before the A they're fine, because there's space to breathe, but they get glued to the C,B and H ).

Other than that: Looking good.  :thumb-up:

p.s. Maybe the images on the homepage could be optimized a bit more? I'm on a very fast company connection, and they still took a few seconds to load.

The pages are really heavy and load slow. Optimize the images by using an online service like SmushIt!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.