Basic Layout Help

Miles LLC

Ok, so I am wanting to make a basic HTML homepage that looks like the Windows 7 Mobile/Windows 8 Theme. I put together a basic PhotoShop Image for a demo (Would look alittle different) here - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/hpbeta.png/

The problem is, I am trying to setup a universal layout that would be best or most professional way tables, css, html, ete.

It woul be great to hear your recommendations, and some possible help. I can PHP code, but not CSS and such (Which I should learn)

The most "professional" way would be to use a DIV based layout.

Way back when, tables were acceptable, but IMO, tables should only be used for tabular data :)

And yes, for best results get on the CSS, its a must for good designed websites.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.