C++ Help

unknown1

I wanted to see if someone could help me understand the following code and what I have to do to get it to work... like what header files you need and should somthing like this be an injected dll or can it be ran in a console app... also how to get a offset from a base/function address. I know it's base address - function address but when the address is like

Base : 0x52290000 || Address : 0x5234CBC0 || Offset : 0xBCBC0 I dont understand how you get 0xBCBC0 as the offset. Thanks in advance!!

DWORD dwEngine = (DWORD)GetModuleHandle( "engine.dll" );

DWORD dwClientInit = dwFindPattern( dwEngine, dwClientDLL_Size, reinterpret_cast<PBYTE>(szClientDLL_Sig), szClientDLL_Mask );

LogMessage( "Base: 0x%X || Address: 0x%X || Offset: 0x%X", dwEngine, dwClientInit, dwClientInit - dwEngine );

To be clear I do understand that DWORD dwEngine = (DWORD)GetModuleHandle( "engine.dll" ); gets the base address of engine.dll and that dwFindPattern(); is to find the pattern to get the function address and that LogMessage( "Base: 0x%X || Address: 0x%X || Offset: 0x%X", dwEngine, dwClientInit, dwClientInit - dwEngine ); is giving me a message showing me the base, address and finally the offset based on dwClientInit - dwEngine. but I don't understand how one would compiling it and make use of it and also how to do the calculation on getting the offset...

What do you mean you don't know how you get that offset? You just said you know it's base - function. Which it is.

And compile what?

base - function??? but I don't understand how to subtract  0x52290000 - 0x5234CBC0  to get  0xBCBC0

can you explain how that works??

I was quoting you. You had the right idea but got the terms backwards.

0x5234CBC0 - 0x52290000 = 0x000BCBC0

But you already knew this.

I know it's base address - function address

To be clear I do understand... that LogMessage( "Base: 0x%X || Address: 0x%X || Offset: 0x%X", dwEngine, dwClientInit, dwClientInit - dwEngine ); is giving me a message showing me the base, address and finally the offset based on dwClientInit - dwEngine

Okay I get it now i think

0x5BD50000

0x5BF7F4DD 

-

=0xD2F4DD

is this correct?? now how do I make that code work?? show it be a dll file and be injected to work or can I make a console app??

Also how to I make this work??

dwFindPattern( dwEngine, dwClientDLL_Size, reinterpret_cast<PBYTE>(szClientDLL_Sig), szClientDLL_Mask );

Okay I get it now i think

0x5BD50000

0x5BF7F4DD 

-

=0xD2F4DD

is this correct??

If you reversed the operands, yes.

now how do I make that code work?? show it be a dll file and be injected to work or can I make a console app??

Also how to I make this work??

dwFindPattern( dwEngine, dwClientDLL_Size, reinterpret_cast(szClientDLL_Sig), szClientDLL_Mask );

I still don't know what you're trying to do. Make what work? What DLL file?

How do I make a program out of the following code.

Also what headers are required to make it work....

Do I need to create a dll file and inject to make everything work or can I just run as a regular console app??

Just need someone to explain the code and how to use it....

DWORD dwClientInit = dwFindPattern( dwEngine, dwClientDLL_Size, reinterpret_cast<PBYTE>(szClientDLL_Sig), szClientDLL_Mask );
LogMessage( "Base: 0x%X || Address: 0x%X || Offset: 0x%X", dwEngine, dwClientInit, dwClientInit - dwEngine );

Thanks!

How do I make a program out of the following code.

Also what headers are required to make it work....

Do I need to create a dll file and inject to make everything work or can I just run as a regular console app??

Just need someone to explain the code and how to use it....

If i compile it now it doesn't work so what do I need to do to make it functional????

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.