trying new config with working PHP on Win7. Now "Start" failed.

Dear All:

Upon selecting Apache icon (in lower right), and then, "Start," gives emsg:  The reqrested operation has failed.

In errlog:  "Child 3184:  Exit event signaled.  Child process is ending.  httpd.exe:  Syntax error on line 131 of C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf:  Cannot load C:/PHP/php5apache2.dll into server:  The specified module could not be found."

Line 131 reads:  LoadModule php5_module "c:/PHP/php5.dll" 

A professional Linux Apache installer was unable to fix this.  Am now picking up the pieces....  Want to know where php5.dll is supposed to load from and why his changing said file was forever unaccepted by out conf/httpd.conf file.

A professional Linux Apache installer was unable to fix this.

Then fire him.

For Apache 2.2 you need php5apache2_2.dll. The one you're trying now is only for Apache 2.0.

If that doesn't fix everything then the other necessary DLLs (like php5ts.dll) may not be in the PATH...

To be fair, if he's really a linux tech he shouldn't be required to know how to start Apache on Windows.  Hell, I don't know.

Requinix is right about the file though, you had the wrong one.  Use the right one, and make sure it's in the right place.  Also make sure your syntax is correct as the error is syntax error.

OK, you all,

My installed programs show PHP 5.2.17.  Should I download a diff PHPmyadmin program, which is what was attempted in the first place?  I have to avoid XAMPP because of int. property rights involved.  Am migrating with an up and running phpmyadmin from a yahoo website....

Ok, back up.

Windows:  Your operating system.  Required.

Apache:  The web server.  You have version 2.2

PHP:  The programming language.  You have some version of PHP5, which sub-version doesn't matter.

php5apache2_2.dll:  The DLL necessary to connect Apache 2.2 with PHP5 under Windows.

PHPMyAdmin:  Completely irrelevant. 

OK, you guys got me further along, hurrah!

OK, it was a syntax error, as well, thank you, ManiacDan, with the # sign before the LoadModule stmt on previous line!  Now an error on line 134, "PHPIniDir "C:/PHP"", invalid command.  Still wondering how deep this problem will go....

OK, you guys got me further along, hurrah!

OK, it was a syntax error, as well, thank you, ManiacDan, with the # sign before the LoadModule stmt on previous line!  Now an error on line 134, "PHPIniDir "C:/PHP"", invalid command.  Still wondering how deep this problem will go....

Yet another syntax error.  Slashes in Windows go the other way.

Thanks, ManiacDan:

I reversed the slash for the same Syntax error on line 134, but forgot to include the rest of the emsg, which seems revealing...:

Invalid Command "PHPIniDir ", perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the same configuration.

Maybe something else has been left out...?

Ooops!  Terrible aha moment.  Just had a major idiot attack, without yet having discovered # sign was for a comment line as I commented out line 131.  Am now back from the twilight zone and airhead school....  Ahem!

Have tried putting the PHP file, php5apache2_2.dll, in the “modules” directory and used the line,          “LoadModule php5_module module/php5apache2_2.dll.”    The following emsg for my change occurred:

Httpd.exe:  Syntax error on line 131 of C:/Program Files (X86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf: Cannot load C:/Program Files (X86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/module/php5apache2_2.dll into server:  The specified module could not be found.  Any more help would be appreciated.  Am now truly ready to delve into true programmer's understanding.    __Yshua

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.