Is this possible?

ZulfadlyAshBurn

I am creating a web based game and I would be receiving much traffic. I'm afraid that my server can't handle thus I'm allowing people to cohost the files. How do i do this? I wouldn't want the cohost to be able to view the php codes? There will be links on the website for user to chose which server they would like to use.

I heard ioncube scrambles up your code with a certain salt that correlates to an ioncube key that you generate for each user, then they can't view your source php code, but it will still run, aslong as they have ioncube installed on their webhosting

but I may be misunderstanding how ioncube works! But, theres a starting point! :)

-- edit --

Also, you will need to think long term, you will need to generate new ioncube keys and packages everytime you change a bit of code, that means there will be times where your "world" will be more up to date than the rest of the "worlds"..

Its best just buy the other servers yourself, and keep them on the same domain, only subdomain changes like: china.ThatOnlineGame.com, north_america.ThatOnlineGame.com, south_america.ThatOnlineGame.com

-- edit 2 --

or you could join the cloud movement, and get yourself a cloud server, and that will generate new clouds during spikes of activity, and I also believe you could allocate X clouds, and use them independently, but the second bit I'm not sure of :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.