Web Hosting Authority?

xProteuSx

JustHost is the most unprofessional hosting company every (I've also dealt with HostMonster and HostGator in the past, both of which have been awesome, especially HostMonster).  I opened a reseller account with them a year ago, and from the onset it was problem after problem.  "Oops, we forgot to give you access for that."  "Oops, we forgot to install that module."  I spent countless hours trying to resolve issues, only to find that they didn't do something that they were supposed to.  And EVERY NIGHT the server is down 'for maintenance'.  Yeah right ...

Anyways, I opened the account up with a domain I purchased through them.  However, as a JustHost customer you don't get access to all of the usual features, such as DNS settings, stats programs, etc.  A lot of options you have to email their support staff for before you can use; other hosting companies just have this as part of their cPanel.  Not to mention that their support staff are the friendliest bunch of retards ...

Long story short, I have moved all of my sites and my clients sites across to HostGator, but now JustHost refuses to update all of the DNS settings to HostGator servers.  So essentially, I am stuck on their server.  What a nightmare.  Its Dec 23rd and instead of spending it having fun with my family I am shaking with rage at my office.

JUSTHOST.COM is the worst website hosting service ever!  Please spread the word.

I have finally run out of patience with JustHost.  Its been 3 weeks, and they update my IP, except for NS2 (that's name server 2, not nipple sucker 2, pikachu).  I've bought another domain, and will be switching everything over to that.  I have a very small client base, so hopefully it will not be a huge workload, although at this time of year anything seems like it takes too much time.  And while I was buying my new hosting domain, I decided to pick up a couple of other domains:

JustHostReview.ca and

JustHostWebsiteHosting.ca

Can you guess what I am going to throw up there?  HINT: it probably won't be praise and cheer.

JustHostReview.ca and

Can you guess what I am going to throw up there?  HINT: it probably won't be praise and cheer.

Honestly, they will just get reported and taken down if you spread slander. This really isn't a professional thing to do. Just accept that you picked a bad host and move on.

It's not slander if it's the truth.  Post your story with documentation and without embellishment.  The courts have ruled time and time again that sites like f*ckgeneralmotors.com is legally protected free speech regardless of trademark and copyright law.

Scootstah,

I really don't know what your life experience has been, but I cringe at the lack of corporate accountability.  Every since I have researched JustHost (which, admittedly, I should have been more thorough about before I paid for an account) I have discovered literally hundreds of in-depth reviews from past and present JustHost clients that have been having completely ridiculous and unnecessary problems.  JustHost does NOT deliver on their guarantees, and they have cost me personally about 80+ hours of troubleshooting which turned out to be shortcomings on their end.  Over the course of the year I have submitted 122 tickets related to problems that I should not have had and/or issues relating to disabled features and features that I am not given access to, but are generally standard.

I will give you one drastic example: JustHost is the only hosting company I know of that does not allow a feature which displays your website downtime as part of the cPanel.

They have been rude to me, without cause, and I've had to endure some bad attitudes from their end.  Now they won't let me go!  Do you understand what that means?  My business is being sabotaged because my reseller account is being tampered with, and my clients are starting to question my professionalism.

If we, as individuals, don't push for corporate accountability, who will?  The government?  God knows that corporations won't be doing it themselves.  If you don't care to spend your time asking companies to comply by rules they have outlined, or asking them to delivered what they promised, then the least you could do is keep your comments to yourself about someone who is willing to donate their time to make the truth be known and either A, help people make a better choice or B, force the company to improve their services.

Besides, you know what they say about opinions ...

They are like assholes -- everyone has one, and everyone else's stinks.

PS - Don't use words like 'slander' if you don't know what they mean.

If a company is consistently providing a bad experience to their professional customers, there is no "unprofessional" way to draw attention to that.  Making a website chronicling your bad experiences and linking out to more of the same is the calm and professional way to handle a company who has ripped you off without seeming to care. 

JustHostReview.ca and

I had to laugh when I saw that.

Another problem is that you have life, just post an honest orderly and reasoned web review or two on web review sites or forums and be done with it. I can guarantee one or two or three or more people well read your review over the years and they will either not do business with justhost or they'll be very cautious in their aproach to doing business with them.

It looks like your on your way to solving the problem and now you know. Just put this in the educational expense column.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.