Please Help

neilfurry

Im creating a quiz script..and this is the scenario, i have a form which contains the following

1 textfield for Question

4 textfields for choices

and each of the choices has 1 radio button on the left..

This is what i need, lets say i have this

Question : 1 + 1

o  A.  1

o  B.  2

o  C.  3

o  D.  4

when i submit this form and selected the radio button of the correct answer the output shows:

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('7922','11860','1','on')

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('6467','11860','2','')

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('23488','11860','3','')

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('16633','11860','4','')

as you can see "on" is in the wrong place it should go to the 2nd line with the correct answer..

Please help me..

here is my HTML Form:

<form method="post" action="process/insert.php">

<div class="question">QUESTION : <input type="text" name="question" class="txtfield" /></div>

<div class="choices">CHOICES : <br /><br />

<div class="flds"><input type="checkbox" name="radanswers[]"  checked="checked" />A. <input type="text" name="txtanswers[]" class="txtfieldans" /></div>

<div class="flds"><input type="checkbox" name="radanswers[]" checked="checked" />B. <input type="text" name="txtanswers[]" class="txtfieldans" /></div>

<div class="flds"><input type="checkbox" name="radanswers[]"  checked="checked"/>C. <input type="text" name="txtanswers[]" class="txtfieldans" /></div>

<div class="flds"><input type="checkbox" name="radanswers[]"  checked="checked"/>D. <input type="text" name="txtanswers[]" class="txtfieldans" /></div>

</div>

<div class="clear"></div>

<div class="buttons"><input type="submit" name="ins_question" value="Insert Question" class="btn" /></div>

</form>

here is my php script:

for($a=0; $a<=3; $a++){

$InsChoices = "INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('".rand()."','$questionID','".$_POST['txtanswers'][$a]."','".$_POST['radanswers'][$a]."')";

echo "<pre>";

echo $InsChoices;

echo "</pre>";

}

Thank you

i tried that and this is the result:

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('20541','7655','3','B')

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('28722','7655','2','')

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('12675','7655','1','')

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('12032','7655','4','')

The problem is letter B should be on the 2nd line as in:

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('28722','7655','2','B')

im still getting the same output.. i used the radio button to tell that the certain textfield has the correct answer on the choices which will then be submitted to the MySQL DBASE : INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`)  and set it on the field "isCorrect" if the choice is the correct answer..

Thank you buddy..

I tried a different approach, but its not tested, might work: changed radio to single value to match against a hard coded array key in answers

<form method="post" action="process/insert.php">
               <div class="question">QUESTION : <input type="text" name="question" class="txtfield" /></div>
               <div class="choices">CHOICES : <br /><br />

<div class="flds"><input type="radio" name="radanswers"  value="A" checked="checked" />A. <input type="text" name="txtanswers['A']" class="txtfieldans" /></div>
               <div class="flds"><input type="radio" name="radanswers"  value="B"  />B. <input type="text" name="txtanswers['B']" class="txtfieldans" /></div>
               <div class="flds"><input type="radio" name="radanswers"  value="C"  />C. <input type="text" name="txtanswers['C']" class="txtfieldans" /></div>
               <div class="flds"><input type="radio" name="radanswers"  value="D" />D. <input type="text" name="txtanswers['D']" class="txtfieldans" /></div>
               </div>
               <div class="clear"></div>
            <div class="buttons"><input type="submit" name="ins_question" value="Insert Question" class="btn" /></div>
         </form>

here is my php script:

foreach($_POST['txtanswers'] as $key =>$value){
if($key == $_POST['radanswers'])
{
	$InsChoices = "INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('".rand()."','$questionID','".$value."','".$_POST['radanswers']."')";
}
else
{
	$InsChoices = "INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('".rand()."','$questionID','".$value."','')";
}
echo "<pre>";
echo $InsChoices;
echo "</pre>";
}

You dont really need to put in A or B for the `iscorrect` column, it could be true or false.

i tried the code and here is the output:

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('787176855','1198368307','4','')

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('1638744218','1198368307','5','')

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('419012828','1198368307','6','')

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('456773631','1198368307','2','')

as you can see the 'isCorrect' field still doesnt have any value. it should have at least TRUE on the 4th line as in

INSERT INTO choices (`cID`,`qID`,`Itemchoices`,`isCorrect`) VALUES ('456773631','1198368307','2','TRUE')

which means this is the correct answer..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.