Handle large XML file

ayok

Hi,

I am busy creating a site which display product list from XML (rss feeds) files. In the first phase I can do a method by saving all the data's from XML into my database, and display it from database. However, this time, I need to display it directly without saving it to my database because there are a lot more data's in the second phase. So I need to display the data's directly from the XML's.

I've tried several methods like using SimpleXML, it works nice, however, it can't handle larger XML (like 800 MB). So I tried other method like SAX or XMLReader. Both work like a charm. It can even parsing GB's XML and display all the data's.

However, I need to create query or manipulate the xml to display those data's, like only display certain category or search. Then I got again the same problem with time limited error or sometimes size exceeded error. I don't know what to do now.

Does anybody have advice how I should do this?

Thank you,

ayok

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.