OOP - Recommended Template/Theme/Page Design Structure

Bladescope

Whats a good IDE to use with that, I was just watching a vid comparing phpcake, symfony, codeigniter and zend, I like that zend had an eclipse based IDE, but am aware you can get editors to work with the others, just trying to make an executive on which path to go :)

I really like Bluefish.  It installs on most all operating systems (OSX, Win, and Linux) and easily permits on-server editing.  For Mac people out there who dislike TextMate, there is Sublime Text 2 which is getting loads of buzz.

And much like scootsah said above, CodeIgniter has a great User Guide, community, and easy learning curve.

I do use PhpStorm as my IDE on my dev machine, but it's not a free IDE.  It is very nice, though.

Yup. Hands down the best IDE out there for PHP development. The current beta (EAP) version fully supports PHP v5.4 and almost all of Subversion 1.7. They recently added support for {@inheritDoc} and they show code coverage for all lines in your files. And that's just scratching the surface.

When I looked at all the supported features, my first thought was:

IT'S OVER 9000!!!

A friend gave me an older copy of zendstudio 6.1, which I am trying to get my head around now, do I have to have wamp, xamp, mamp or the zend server installed on my system or can I use one of my centos testing servers I have on the lan?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.