dedicated servers

Jocka

Can somebody point me in the direction of a dedicated server with all the 'goods' already installed on it? I'm working with this company trying to get their stuff online and seem to know less about everything than I do. All I want to do is install PHP on this freakin thing and they don't seem to know how to do it either. I tried but I keep getting this error (seein L.A.M.P. forum if you want to help).
Basically all we need is a Cpanel of course and LAMP already installed on the server. I don't wanna spend the better part of my time with this company trying to fix the SERVER.
If anyone has any suggestions for an inexpensive dedicated server with this already installed please give me a link. I'll be VERY greatful. Also, a good support team would be nice too :P

OK.. i'm an idiot i think. Do we need a VPS server? We need the room of an entire server but I don't have the time to set up their server and do my job too. They need me to have the design for the site done by the 15th and i haven't even started yet cuz i've been trying to fix this piece of s**t server. You know what, if anyone can walk me through installing PHP then that'll help too. Well php is installed by that files missing appearantly.. but i want help .. damnit help me..

a VPS will generally have the whole lot set up for you already and will generally come with something like cpanel or plesk. personally it's what i use myself and the space+freedom it provides is great. if you want a different version of PHP/MySQL, then you have the freedom to do stuff like that. might not be relevent depending where you're based but i use http://www.webfusion.co.uk/vps

If you want to install cPanel then you will need a fresh installation of the OS. A onetime license is $1225, purchase that (or a yearly license) and run it's installer (if it has one). That will include Apache, PHP, MySQL and some other things. It would be easier to purchase a dedicated server that already has it or where the company installs it for you.

After a few hours of seraching google yesterday and last night, i finally found one i could use. They install all the crap before you buy it. Theres just something about me and installations that never work lol. Now I have explained to the company that they need some SERIOUS upgrades to what they are currently using.. bad news since they start advertising on the 15th :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.