Duplicating php files

Ri1es

I have just tried this code:

copy('../members/profile/profile.php', '../members/profile/$usr/profile.php?user=$usr');

It gives me the error:

Warning: copy(../members/profile/$usr/profile.php?user=$usr) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/a7172366/public_html/login sign up/verify.php on line 54

What have I done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I am trying to make it so that when a user verifies their email a file will be copied into the directory 'profile' and will have '?user=username' at the end of the file name so that I can use the $_GET function to acquire who the profile belongs to in order to present the right data from the database

hope that helps

Well, you're going about this all wrong. Trying to add the argument to the end of the filename will not work. To present the right data, you query the database for the primary key id of the user's record when they log in. Then you persist that data throughput the time they remain logged in using a session variable, or a cookie. When you need to retrieve data, you use the stored pk id to query the database for the user's record again, after making sure they are logged in and have the appropriate permissions.

I see what you mean.

However when for example you go and view this users profile, you will not have the correct variables to present the profile correctly, therefore I wuld like it  so that when the file is duplicated, it has variables in the code that use the GET function to customise the page correctly

Thanks for your time

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.