Help having SQL problem

vacation-vallarta

I use godaddy, and I am having a problem setting my database up with my PHP.  I have attached both, can anybody help me fill in the PHP with my info, no matter what I do, I can not log on.  Thank you in advance.

if (!defined("IN_COMMENTICS")) { die("Access Denied."); }

//ENTER DATABASE INFORMATION HERE*****************************************************

$cmtx_mysql_database = 'vacationvallarta'; // The name of the database you created

$cmtx_mysql_username = 'vacationvallarta@72.167.233.37'; // Your MySQL username

$cmtx_mysql_password = '********'; // Your MySQL password

$cmtx_mysql_host = 'localhost'; // Usually 'localhost'. Can also be an IP address.

$cmtx_mysql_table_prefix = ''; // In most cases leave blank.

//************************************************************************************

?>

Here is my Info on SQL database:

vacationvallarta.db.8327489.hostedresource.com

Server version: 5.0.92-log

Server: vacationvallarta.db.8327489.hostedresource.com (50.63.105.30 via TCP/IP)

User: vacationvallarta@72.167.233.37

MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Can you post the code where you're trying to connect to the database, and what kind of error do you get?

BTW: You'll want to change the username on that MySQL server, seeing as you posted the IP-address and username. Granted you did remove the password, but knowing that the server is publicly available means that attackers can (and probably will) try to brute force/guess/circumvent the password anyway.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.