How to check whether a row is inserted into the DB?

Stefany93

Hello friends,

I want to check when a new row is inserted into the mysql DB, but the problem is that since I insert the rows manualy because they are blog posts, the mysql_insert_id doesn't work, and I would very much like to check that because I would like a mail to be send after that action.

Please tell me how to check when a row is inserted.

Thank you!

Best Regards

Stefany

Because I want the system to automatically send an email to all the subsdcribers to the blog. Or am I doing everyrhinf wron? Sorry, sometimes I do everything so messed up  :'(

So why are you manually entering the database information. If you're going as far as having subscribers and want to send out mass e-mails on updates, why not create a front-end to update the blog, and have it send the e-mails.

Because with the front end I will have to create an admin panel and everything the admin panel does I can do it myself. I have heard that admin panels are made only for people do not know how to program.

I mean, I can do everything just manually typing the blog post and title and stuff.

And to answer the upper question, I am not using wordpress, I have made the blog myself.

I have heard that admin panels are made only for people do not know how to program.

I mean, I can do everything just manually typing the blog post and title and stuff.

Then do it that way, I suppose?

Or write a CLI-based script that accepts a flag/argument containing the row's ID and e-mails all your subscribers? Run this script after you've added a post, manually giving it the post's unique ID.

I'm not sure if you can create a MySQL trigger that will run an outside application, that might be worth looking into as well.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.