Logic Based on prior inserts

Xtremer360

I'm curious to know if someone could explain some logic on how to write a specific function. In my register controller I have a function called create_user. When the function gets called it runs a function in my model called insert user that inserts set data such as username, email address, name, etc. to the users table as a new row. It returns te user_id (auto increment id) back to the create user function then if the user_id is more than one the runs the insert_registration_details model function that inserts user data into the registrations table like the ip address, browser, etc.. If it fails to insert into that table I want it to go back and delete the user in the users table. How can I achieve this if the database user doesn't have delete privileges.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.