Rewrite ALL pages to Index - Kils all JavaScript

unemployment

Make it only rewrite if the requested file doesn't exist. Before the RewriteRule put

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

That fixed the script errors I was having but this isn't exactly functioning perfectly.  Right now if I go to index it works great and if I use Javascript (Backbone.js) to load my next view and navigate to the next page with the HTML5 History API, that works.  The problem is when loading a page that has a query string.  For instance, if I go to index/login, the page redirect back to index and then my JS will load the login view.  This is not what I want to have happen.  It is essentially causing the screen to flicker since it loads the index first and then the JS view.  Not sure how to solve this.

That sounds far more likely to be a JavaScript issue.

Yeah... I'm actually changing my approach.  I was originally think I'd build a single page app, but not I think getting SEO benefit from that is just going to too difficult.  I decided on a hybrid approach where I will only use backbone to render application pages and have other pages be generated by PHP

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.