can we use a increment in preg_replace?

Monkuar

$text = preg_replace( "#\[spoiler\](.+?)\[/spoiler\]#is", "<input type=button value='Spoiler' onclick=\"if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }\" /><div style=display:none><div class=quote1>Spoiler</div><div class=quote2>\\1</div></div>", $text, 6, $spoilercount );

This is my minature bbcode spoiler tag I am making.

The problem is, if they use this 2 times, it will work, but if they click on any the first one will always show.

I need to give each div a ID....

so is there a way where I can use $i++ and give a div a id1, id2, id3, on each iteration of replacing?

Or you could just structure the HTML so that you don't need an ID. Like

and CSS like

.spoiler > .spoiler-content { display: none; }
.spoiler.revealed > input { display: none; }
.spoiler.revealed > .spoiler-content { display: block; }

To answer the question, use preg_replace_callback and provide a function to do the replacing.

thanks req, but i dont think i can do a "Show/hide" button with that technique so lets scratch that one for now

maybe i should re-word my question my bad.

is there anyway to put this preg_replace in a loop so I can use a $i++; ?

i just need to do something like this:

$text = preg_replace( "#\[spoiler\](.+?)\[/spoiler\]#is", "<input type='button' value='Spoiler' onclick=\"if(pe('spoiler$i++;').style.display=='none') {pe('spoiler').style.display=''}else{pe('spoiler').style.display='none'}\"><div id='spoiler' style='display:none'>\\1</div>", $text, 6, $spoilercount );

see the $i++; ? then ofcourse do that for all id's :P

while( preg_match( "#\[spoiler\](.+?)\[/spoiler\]#ies", $text ) )
            {
		$spoiler++;
       $text = preg_replace( "#\[spoiler\](.+?)\[/spoiler\]#is", "$spoiler<input type='button' value='Spoiler' onclick=\"if(pe('spoiler').style.display=='none') {pe('spoiler').style.display=''}else{pe('spoiler').style.display='none'}\"><div id='spoiler' style='display:none'>\\1</div>", $text, 6, $spoilercount );

}

the $spoiler++ only produces 1 and 1, not 1,2

not working damn :P im getting closE!

Or you could just structure the HTML so that you don't need an ID. Like

<div class="spoiler">
    <input type="button" value="Spoiler" onclick="this.parentNode.className='spoiler revealed';" />
    <div class="spoiler-content">
        <!-- content -->
    </div>
</div>

and CSS like

.spoiler.revealed > input { display: none; }

To answer the question, use preg_replace_callback and provide a function to do the replacing.

DUDE HELL YA

I took your code and slammed it like a BAWS

function spoiler(a){

a.parentNode.className == 'spoiler' ? a.parentNode.className='spoiler revealed' : a.parentNode.className='spoiler';

}

<div class="spoiler">
    <input type="button" value="Spoiler" onclick="spoiler(this)"/>
    <div class="spoiler-content">
      hey
    </div>
</div>

CSS:

now no need to worry about id's/etc LOVE IT!

TOPIC SOLVED BABY!!! THANK YOU LOL :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.