Php Enquivalent To Mysql Password Function

c_pattle

I've began work on a project recently and all of the password in the database have been encryped using the mysql password function. I was just wonder if there is a PHP function that is equalivalent to that. So the PHP function will return the same result as they mysql function?

Thanks for any help

I recommend reading this article about secure login systems, as it should give you all the information you need to complete your project.

As you probably have discovered yourself, using the MySQL function is not recommended, and you will not want to use a PHP function that returns the same result. As that would be a simple SHA1 hash, which is insufficient for new systems today.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.