Hello all,

I've recently installed PHP 5 on my system and am trying to use NetBeans as an IDE, however when I try to configure NetBeans for the PHP 5 Interpreter my system fails to find anything. I've searched through my install directories, and also downloaded and searched the source files but cannot find it anywhere. I've searched google for the file or for answers and cannot find anything that solves the problem, its always some other problem where php pages load fine once, then something happens and they don't load any more. My situation is that they wont' load from the get go, and i cannot find the php interpreter.

I've also since then tried to re install php using EasyPHP WAMP. It says that everything was installed successfully but when i try to load the pages from the local host it failes to load because it doesn't have a php interpreter selected... i don't know why either of these IDE's and setups would not install the interpreter or maybe i'm just not getting it.. perhaps it could be as simple as renaming a file and moving it.. i'm not sure and i can't seem to find any help trolling google..

I hope that someone out there can help shed some light on this subject for me, any effort will be greately appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

yes... as a matter of fact, i eventually figured out that it comes out of the box named php.ini-development and php.ini-production. lol so i used development, and i was able to get netbeans to accept it.

however i am still having problems loading the page using easyphp. i'm assuming its because i set the project up wrong in netbeans, under the deployment method dropdown there were two options which caught my eye, one was local host, and the other was built in php server. i believe i selected the build in one, but i'm still getting 404 errors.

i suppose that is for another topic though, thanks for your speedy reply. i'll "solved" this topic and post a new one.

Thanks, Matt

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.