Is There A Way To Parameterize The Parameters?

LLLLLLL

This is a fairly typical piece of AJAX code...

$.get( "someurl.php", {
 param1: someVariableValue,
 param2: 'someHardCodedString'
 },
 function( data ) {

On the back-end, PHP will receive $_GET with "param1" and "param2" keys, and the values as displayed above.

My question is if it's possible to set the name of the keys param1 and param2 dynamically. I'm looking for a way to have a single function make the ajax calls, and to do that I won't have hard-coded "param1" keys, but the keys will be generated from whatever code I'm using to make the call. (Does that make sense?)

Anyway, I am just looking for a way to set the keys of the GET (or POST) without hard-coding them on the page. Is this possible?

Use an array, that's all that is in Javascript, an array:

JS: 

{
  }

php:

array(
  'param1'=>someVariableValue,
  'param2'=>'someHardCodedString'
),

Edited by Jessica

Sorry, that's not really an answer that helps me. What does a function look like that creates this $.get call without hard-coded "param1" and "param2" key names?

$.get( "someurl.php", {
 },
 function( data ) {

The function I've shown is on the client side. This is a sample generic function with param1 and param2 as the keys and specific values.

I want to create a generic JS function to handle all my AJAX calls, and I want to pass that function a list of key/values in an array. But how does that make the $.get syntax look?

You would just replace the second parameter of $.get with a variable.  eg:

var myobj = {
  param1: 'blah',
  param2: 'blah'
};

$.get('someurl', myobj, function(data){
   console.log(data);
});

Then you just have to define what myobj is, which you can do conditionally if necessary.

The function I've shown is on the client side. This is a sample generic function with param1 and param2 as the keys and specific values.

And PHP can easily be used to generate Javascript. You were talking about PHP in the first post. I was simply trying to figure out what you were asking.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.