webhost for specific purpose

Ninjakreborn

I have seen hundreds of web hosts.
I am wanting to be able to have one sort of like
www.bluehost.com
but they only allow a certain percentage of computer space, they also say that they can't support really large site's. I want to get a permanent place on the internet, one that will fit all of my need's.

1. I need one that can hold as many domain name's equally as I want.
2. I need one that will allow me to hold all the site's from my network.  I have a network of site's I am creating, all under my own company name (freelance businessman), and I want to be able to get them all up and running in my spare time, but I need a place that can support them all, some of them are going to be as huge (space wise), and functionality wise, as some massive site's out there, and over time, if I eventually have 10-15 of them I need a place to hold them all.
3. I also need one that will allow me to have extra, extra, extra room aside from my network to allow me to do hosting for various people as well.  I want to be able to get client's over to my webhost, and then be able to host there site's for them for a specific amount of money per month.  With enough people that I start hosting (just regular clients), then I would also be able to have it pay for itself with income as well.

... are you serious?  Any decent host will allow you to expand, buy addon domains, host several sites, and do reseller hosting.

I guess I'm not sure what the question is, because if you've "seen hundreds of web hosts", you would know that 90% of them offer such functionality.

look for a dedicated server. if you're a little bit short on the $$$, then a VPS (virtual private server) will offer a nice alternative. tis what i use, and includes all the above. mine: http://www.webfusion.co.uk/vps - prob not ideal for you (UK based) but will give you a rundown on what to expect from a VPS.

[quote]I guess I'm not sure what the question is, because if you've "seen hundreds of web hosts", you would know that 90% of them offer such functionality.[/quote]
I am not really in the mood for those kind of comments.
I am relaunching my entire business again, there are no comment's on my site like that.

What I was asking is for good advice on a host.

[quote]look for a dedicated server. if you're a little bit short on the $$$, then a VPS (virtual private server) will offer a nice alternative. tis what i use, and includes all the above. mine: http://www.webfusion.co.uk/vps - prob not ideal for you (UK based) but will give you a rundown on what to expect from a VPS.[/quote]

I will take a look at virtual private hosts and see what I can find out now that I know about that.

As far as seeing hundreds of host's, it's hard not to, with doing web development.
You end up working for different one's every day, I have tried doing site's for people on yahoo, geocities web servers, and those type's of server's I stopped taking project's on because of the hasstle, especially with yahoo.

I tried godaddy.com, 1&1, network solutions, bluehost, serverpowered, and about 4-5 other's, that I have directly worked on websites on, and none of them are specifically what I am looking for, except maybe 1&1 which has evil prices.

[quote author=businessman332211 link=topic=114989.msg468077#msg468077 date=1163539360]
I am not really in the mood for those kind of comments.
I am relaunching my entire business again, there are no comment's on my site like that.[/quote]
I didn't say anything about your site, you said that in your first post.  I'm saying that if you've really looked into the options out there, you'd know that most of them offer the options you're looking for.

www.serverpowered.com has excellent dedicated and VPS plans.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.